Case study on continuous improvement in the automotive sector
Our 3-day system assessment has supported our case in convincing our client that running practical problem-solving projects to solve production arrears and maintain OTIF will never succeed without robust lean foundations.
Our 1st tier supplier to one of the largest automotive company was facing multiple constraints which stopping from meeting their delivery, quality and financial targets.
- Arrears 329 (-2.5 days)
- RFT 85% against 95% target
- Production Achievement 50%
- Plan Adherence 37%
- Child Parts Shortages = 6 at end of shift
- Visualise progress – one common view
- Highlight blockers instantly
- Leadership presence on the shop floor
- Engage direct workforce
- Remove motion & waiting wastes
- Daily readiness check
- Quick & short RCA’s
- 5S activities
- Introduced a standards before any initiatives
Results – After 6 weeks
- 95% of all actions closed
- Arrears 119 (-0.9 days) → improved by 64%
- RFT 92% against 95% target → improved by 7%
- Production Achievement 70% → improved by 20%
- Plan Adherence 57% → improved by 20%
- Child Parts Shortages = 0 at end of shift → 100%
- Well engaged workforce
- Great results well received
- You have managed to engage a direct workforce
- It’s motivating to see leaders on the shop floor and giving support to long-lasting problems
Senior Consultant I IMIG UK Ltd.
For further information please contact us either by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +49 7152 928 460.