Scrum introductions and training with IMIG - we help our customers to act faster and more efficiently in the market
For projects in which several people work together, changing requirements are in place and collaboration is mandatory - Scrum as an agile project management method is ideal. We at IMIG are specialized to use Scrum not only in software development but also in other areas where preconditions are available.
This month we are presenting the project management method Scrum and information about our pieces of Scrum training.
What is Scrum?
Scrum is a holistic approach which has initially been developed to manage software projects. Scrum is a very simple, easy-to-use project management method that
- promotes communication and teamwork
- with little planning and minimal effort required
- providing a clear and transparent picture of project status, project risks and the supply trend
- applies well to projects, which have non-standard work content and sequence
- allows easy adaptation to change requirements
The 3 pillars of Scrum
In a project, progress and obstacles are visibly captured for everyone. There is a common understanding.
The progress of the project, as well as the project results, are regularly reviewed and evaluated.
In the event of deviations or changes to the product, the requirements or the procedure, adjustments must be made.
Fig. 1: Scrum overview
The methodology of Scrum
Scrum requires 3 roles:
- The Product Owner is responsible for all requirements and overall work packages for the project or product and specifies prioritization.
- The Team processes the work packages or develops the product.
- The Scrum Master ensures that the Scrum rules and process are adhered to and obstacles are addressed.
All requirements and general work packages are collected and updated in the so-called Product Backlog. From this Product Backlog, comprehensive work packages are taken and processed in a certain period of time, the so-called Sprint. The selection of comprehensive work packages for a Sprint takes place in Sprint Planning. Here, the overlapping work packages are broken down into smaller work packages (tasks) by the team and captured in the Sprint Backlog. After this, the tasks are processed. During a daily stand-up meeting (Daily Scrum), which lasts a maximum of 15 minutes, the team adjusts the progress of the tasks from the Sprint. At the end of the Sprint, the team will present the developed features to the Product Owner and Stakeholders in the Sprint Review Meeting. The Sprint Retrospective Meeting will then be followed by a summary of lessons learned from the Sprint.
Individual Scrum introductions and training wirth IMIG
We offer individual training and Scrum introductions for your company:
- Scrum beginner seminars and basic training
- Scrum expert training
- Scrum master training (with IMIG certification)
Principles and objectives of IMIG
- Provide participants with an overview of the holistic Scrum approach and enable them to successfully implement Scrum in the daily operations of their business.
- Get participants motivated and involved by training with high interactive content such as role-playing, Scrum simulation or group work, rather than classroom training.
- Identify actionable steps for application and implementation of Scrum.
- Ensure higher leadership quality for staff and foster a sense of responsibility.
These pieces of training can be individually booked by you, depending on the need and current status of your company for the agile method. We are happy to advise you!
When it comes to the introduction of Scrum in your company, we support you with these training. In the beginning, the company and the concrete case of application are assessed individually and a procedure is decided together with you. It is important to us that your employees can use this project management method as independently as possible and that it is introduced to your company on a sustainable basis. In addition, we provide you with an experienced Scrum master for the introductory phase, which supports you operationally in this role and trains, coaches and develops your employees in the application.
Consultant I IMIG Germany
For further information please contact us either by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +49 7152 928 460.